from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Material thrown upward by the wheels of a moving vehicle.
- n. A controlled kick that sends a ball upwards.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The water thrush or accentor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A disturbance.
- n. A steamboat with paddle-wheel astern.
- n. In Jamaica, the water-thrush, Siurus nœvius or S. noveboracensis: so called from the way it jerks its tail, like a wagtail: more fully called Bessy kickup. P. H. Gosse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to rise by kicking
- v. evoke or provoke to appear or occur
- n. raising the feet backward with the hands on the ground; a first movement in doing a handstand
kick + up (Wiktionary)