from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of knockoff.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act or place of knocking off; that which knocks off
- n. A knockoff.
- adj. That knocks off; of or pertaining to knocking off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The device by which the loops of yarn are knocked off or drawn over the ends of the needles in a knitting-machine.
- n. In mech., a releasing device; a tappet or cam for releasing some part of a mechanism. It is used in some forms of engine valve-gears to operate the admission-valves.
Sorry, no etymologies found.