from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A set of clothing and bedding for a newborn child.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a complete set of clothing etc for a new baby
- n. an ERO (equipment repair order) parts bin in the United States Marine Corps, when discussing maintenance management and repair parts management. When conducting maintenance on a piece of equipment, or vehicle, parts are ordered. When parts come in they are placed into the bins until all the parts arrive, and then they are signed for by a mechanic and applied to the equipment, or vehicle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The outfit of clothing, blankets, etc., prepared for a newborn infant, and placed ready for use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A complete outfit for a new-born child, including garments, toilet articles, cradle or bassinet, and bedding.
- n. A three-sided tray or box without a cover, used to carry powder from one mortar to another in powder-mills.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. kit consisting of a complete outfit (clothing and accessories) for a new baby
French, from Old French, chest of drawers, diminutive of laie, box, from Middle Dutch laeye.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)