from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The liberal or radical faction of a group.
- n. See left1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the more left-wing faction of a group or party
- n. the left-hand side of a sports field
- n. the offensive player who plays to the center's left
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Those trying to reform the established order, particularly in political matters, to enhance the condition of the common people; -- sometimes applied to those advocating overthrow of an existing government by radical means.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.