from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A confection consisting of a piece of hard candy attached to the end of a small stick.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A confectionery consisting of a piece of candy/sweet attached to a stick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of sugar confection which dissolves easily in the mouth.
- n. A piece of hard candy, often of discoid shape, attached to the end of a handle of wood or hard paper by which it is held in the hand while being licked; -- it is popular with small children.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See lollypop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ice cream or water ice on a small wooden stick
- n. hard candy on a stick
Perhaps dialectal lolly, tongue (from loll, to dangle the tongue) + pop1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)