from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A workshop where power-driven tools are used for making, finishing, or repairing machines or machine parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A facility that has machine tools for working with metals or other relatively hard materials, such as some polymers. Various kinds of machine shops make and repair all types of metal objects, from machine tools, dies, and molds to mass-produced parts such as screws, pistons, or gears.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a workshop where machines are made, or where metal is shaped by cutting, filing, turning, etc.
- n. A small business or a room within a business establishment where metal is cut and shaped etc., by machine tools.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. workshop where metal is cut and shaped etc., by machine tools
Sorry, no etymologies found.