from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a human.
- adj. Belonging to or befitting a man. See Synonyms at male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or characteristic of grown men, as opposed to women or children; macho, mannish, virile.
- adj. Of or relating to a human being; anthropoid, anthropomorphous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like man, or like a man, in form or nature; having the qualities of a man, esp. the nobler qualities; manly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling man in form or nature.
- Having the qualities proper or becoming to a man, as distinguished from a woman; masculine; manly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling human beings
- adj. possessing qualities befitting a man
- adj. characteristic of a man
From man + -like. (Wiktionary)