American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who has received a medal.
- n. Sports The winner at medal play in a golf tournament.
- n. One who designs, makes, or collects medals.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An engraver, stamper, or molder of medals.
- n. One who is skilled in medals.
- n. One who has gained a medal as a reward of merit.
- n. One who has received a medal; one who has medalled.
- n. An engraver, designer or collector of medals.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A person that is skilled or curious in medals; a collector of medals.
- n. A designer of medals.
- n. One who has gained a medal as the reward of merit.
- n. someone who has won a medal
- n. (golf) the winner at medal play of a tournament
- From medal "award" + -ist (Wiktionary)
“Even after gaining mainstream celebrity by winning Dancing With the Stars in 2007, the five-time Olympic medalist is back.”
“Denis Nizhegorodov of Russia, the silver medalist from the Athens Games and world record holder, took bronze Friday.”
“Hamm, the all-around gold medalist from the 2004 Athens Games, received approval from USA Gymnastics to compete July 19 by proving his readiness at a week-long camp in Colorado Springs.”
“The two-time gold medalist is the all-time leading scorer in women's professional basketball history, including her days in the now-defunct”
“The 2004 Olympic gold medalist is also a two-time WNBA”
“Fernandez, 36 and a three-time Olympic gold medalist, is arguably the most dominant figure in the history of the sport.”
“After taking time off to be a mother, the three-time Olympic gold medalist is training to return to form before heading to Beijing.”
“Jennifer Heil of Canada (middle), Sandra Laoura of France (right) and Kari Traa of Norway react when Heil is announced as "gold medalist from the United States of America.”
“X factor: Veteran Weissensteiner, 37, the Lillehammer gold medalist, is no longer a consistent threat on the tour, but could surprise in her home country.”
“Inside scoop: Germany, the 2005 world silver medalist, is led by Ronny Ackermann.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘medalist’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Roster of terms ending in "ist" that denote an individual who assembles a collection of a particular thing, or is an enthusiast of such. Some of these names were coined by groups or associations o...
See the comments under alist for the origin of this list.
Words pertaining to horses, equines, equestrians
Looking for tweets for medalist.