American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A pubic wig for women.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wig; a tuft or portion of false hair added to the natural hair.
- n. A mop used in cleaning cannon.
- n. A woman's pubic wig. Worn for nude stage appearances and by women after shaving their pubic hair (originally to eliminate lice, etc.; now often as a fashion item).
- n. A mop for cleaning cannon.
- n. UK, slang, pejorative An American.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Originally, a wig; afterwards, a mop for cleaning cannon.
- n. A patch of false hair, or something resembling hair, worn on a string over the female pudenda; -- used by stripteasers.
- n. slang The hair on the female pubic area.
- From the similar pronunciation to American. (Wiktionary)
- Alteration of obsolete malkin, lower-class woman, mop, from Middle English, from Malkin, diminutive of the personal name Matilda. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Available in all colors, the merkin is the perfect way to hide those little imperfections.”
“When I first heard the word merkin, I thought it had something to do with mermaids and mermen, all fresh fish below the waist.”
“A "merkin" is a pubic wig that has been around for centuries.”
“On the 1967 Chess LP The Baroques by the Milwaukee band of the same name, the word "merkin" is heard in the song "Bicycle.”
“For the use of men they have the "merkin," [FN#410] a heart-shaped article of thin skin stuffed with cotton and slit with an artificial vagina: two tapes at the top and one below lash it to the back of a chair.”
“Toupee that masks a bad or excessive waxing job (popularly known as a "merkin").”
“Friend: speaking of murking, did you know that a "merkin" is a vaginal wig”
“Loved the 'merkin' SAT word: -). www. thetigerscage.com).”
“He should have thought of that before he got his hair cut like a Frankie Cocozza merkin.”
“There was a lot of discussion that went into my merkin for the movie, because I was naked quite a lot," she said.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘merkin’.
a list of words.
This has the potential to be the scariest list on Wordie.
Words and phrases uttered in the American sitcom 30 Rock, produced by Tina Fey. Anyone can add to this list. Please don't judge me for citing television instead of literature. LOL.
freakydeakies nee..., honkey grandma be..., straight up menta..., gorgasm: the lege..., pediatric restles..., by the hammer of ..., that's a thing, nut-log-anne-hech..., skanky club sex, sabor de soledad, paralyzing irish ..., the frank schlong and 79 more...
4. An artificial head of hair worn by women.
1901 Daily News 12 Jan. 6/7 Buying toupées, or even ‘transformations’, as those wigs are ca...
Who knew that dildo was also a type of cactus?
words wot i already knew
Discombobulating the illiterate since the middle of the last century.
Words to study and become more familiar with.
for the same
Looking for tweets for merkin.