from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or relating to one eye.
- adj. Of, relating to, or intended for use by only one eye: a monocular microscope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having one eye.
- adj. Related to a monocle.
- adj. Of any optical system suitable for use by one eye at a time.
- n. A monocle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having only one eye; with one eye only.
- adj. Adapted to be used with only one eye at a time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having only one eye. Also monoculate.
- Of or referring to one eye or vision with one eye: suited or intended for the use of one eye only.
From Late Latin monoculus, having one eye; see monocle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)