from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unicycle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A unicycle or monowheel; often specifically a unicycle with the rider seated inside the wheel.
- n. An aromatic compound containing a single ring.
- n. The first derivative of a Gaussian, often used as an impulse signal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vehicle with one wheel: used figuratively in the quotation.
- n. In biology, the type of individual or racial development which consists of but a single cycle: opposed to polycycle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vehicle with a single wheel that is driven by pedals
mono- + cycle, thus literally "one wheel." (Wiktionary)