from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The following day: resolved to set out on the morrow.
- n. The time immediately subsequent to a particular event.
- n. Archaic The morning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The next or following day.
- n. Morning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Morning.
- n. The next following day; the day subsequent to any day specified or understood.
- n. The day following the present; to-morrow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Morning: formerly common in the salutation good morrow, or simply morrow, good morning.
- n. The day next after the present or after any day specified.
- n. The time immediately following a particular event.
- Following; next in order, as a day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the next day
And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
His epitaph includes his poem, “To-morrow is My Birthday” from Toward the Gulf (1918):
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Clearly a lyric like To-morrow is Saint Valentines Day could not be satisfactorily translated, but in Shakespeares major work there is something describable as poetry that can be separated from the words.
'To-morrow is the first of April,' said Spare, 'and I will go with you two hours after sunrise.'
To see the penniless immigrant of to-day become the capitalist of to-morrow is a training in economic ideas.
To-morrow is the first of April, and I must see about planting my garden as soon as possible.
"Only, if to-morrow is the last day, the cherry vase won't be much use to you."
"If to-morrow is the Judgment Day I want to be with you fellows," he said.
Enterprise says that to-morrow is the Judgment Day?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.