from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stranger; an ignorant person.
- n. An Aborigine living according to tradition and in a traditional way.
- n. Any of various Australian acacias, especially the weeping myall, Acacia pendula, or the wood of such trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One. of several Australian acacias, affording a hard and useful scented wood.
- n. A wild and independent native Australian.
- n. plural By transference, wild cattle.
From Dharug mayal, miyal. (Wiktionary)
Aboriginal, perhaps a transferrative use of Etymology 1, above. (Wiktionary)