American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A province of Pharaonic, Hellenistic, and Roman Egypt.
- n. A nomarchy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of name.
- An obsolete form of numb (original past participle of nim).
- n. In algebra, a term.
- n. A province or other political division of a country, especially of modern Greece and ancient Egypt.
- n. In ancient Greek music, a rule or form of melodic composition; hence, a song or melody conforming to such an artistic standard. Also nomas.
- n. In pathology, same as noma.
- n. a prefecture or unit of regional government in Greece
- n. a territorial division of ancient Egypt
- n. a type of musical composition in Ancient Greece
- n. obsolete A term in algebra.
- US no ma’am
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A province or political division, as of modern Greece or ancient Egypt; a nomarchy.
- n. obsolete Any melody determined by inviolable rules.
- n. (Alg.) See term.
- p. p. of nim.
- n. a town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula; an important center of an Alaskan gold rush at the beginning of the 20th century
- Ancient Greek νομός (nomos), from νέμειν (nemein, "to divide"). (Wiktionary)
- Greek nomos, district, custom; see nem- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“i was abducted by aliens … … .i live in nome …. .and i have now have numerous mental issues …. but hey im glad u all got ur moneys worth from the our pitfalls”
“Nome Cult "comes from the Sacramento Valley Wintun's term nome kechl or" western tribe. ”
“[Footnote 1: A town which seems to have been situated in the second nome or "county" of Lower Egypt; the Greeks called the nome Letopolites.] [Footnote 2: His official title was "Ur-mau."] [Footnote 3: The season Pert = November 15 - March 15.]”
“There is another anecdote, namely ( "nome"), that he remarked to Hiero, king of”
“The word "nome" means "one who knows," and these people are so called because they know where all the gold and silver and precious stones are hidden in the earth -- a knowledge that no other living creatures share with them.”
“Thebes had been from the first the capital of a "nome".”
“nome" means "one who knows," and these people are so called because they know where all the gold and silver and precious stones are hidden in the earth -- a knowledge that no other living creatures share with them.”
“SKIN (Pele) é um "projecto artístico mortal" criado pela escritora Shelley Jackson, onde 2,095 pessoas tatuarão cada uma uma palavra de um conto com 2,095 palavras, conto este de nome Skin, todos terão que tatuar a palavra num fonte de texto específica.”
“Para consciencializar as pessoas para o problema dos sem-abrigo, em nome do centro para sem-abrigos Weingart 12 dos 70,000 sem-abrigos existentes em L. A foram fotografados segurando um cartão que dizia: "Antes de se ir embora, ponha-se primeiro no meu lugar”
‘nome’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for nome.