from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the classification of diseases.
- n. A classification of diseases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A treatise or written classification of diseases.
- n. The study of diseases; the systematic investigation or classification of disease.
- n. The characteristics or scientific understanding of a specific disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A systematic arrangement, or classification, of diseases.
- n. That branch of medical science which treats of diseases, or of the classification of diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A systematic arrangement or classification of diseases; that branch of medical science which treats of the classification of diseases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medical science dealing with the classification of disease
From post-classical Latin nosologia, formed as from Greek νόσος ‘disease’ + -λογία ‘discourse, branch of knowledge’. (Wiktionary)