from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any smell, whether fragrant or offensive; scent; perfume.
- n. Something which produces a scent; incense, a perfume.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See odor, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any property detected by the olfactory system
- n. the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form
From Anglo-Norman and Old French odur, odor, odour, from Latin odor. (Wiktionary)