from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The centimeter-gram-second electromagnetic unit of magnetic intensity, equal to the magnetic intensity one centimeter from a unit magnetic pole.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The CGS unit of magnetizing field (symbol Oe), defined as 1000/4π (≈79.5774715) amperes per meter of flux path.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The C. G. S. unit of magnetic reluctance or resistance, equal to the reluctance of a centimeter cube of air (or vacuum) between parallel faces. Also, a reluctance in which unit magnetomotive force sets up unit flux.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, the unit of magnetic reluctance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Danish physicist (1777-1851)
- n. the magnetic field strength 1 cm from a unit magnetic pole
After Hans Christian Oersted (1777-1851), Danish physicist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
After Danish physicist Hans Christian Ørsted. (Wiktionary)