- adj. alternative spelling of offline.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Computers) Not connected; -- of computers or computer peripherals normally connected or intended to be connected to other computers by a communications line.
- adj. Outside of or after a meeting or formal discussion; ; -- a term used at meetings and conferences to suggest postponing detailed discussion of a topic so as not to occupy the time of a large group most of whom may not be interested.
- adj. not on a regular route of a transportation system
- adj. not connected to a computer network
“However, she did make it clear that not all boundaries would be dissolved, and that without vigilance, there was the possibility of reproducing the same off-line hierarchies.”
“Another is to minimize electricity use given the decline in available power generation due to the Daiichi facility going off-line as well as the recent suspension of operation of the nuclear plant at Hamaoka.”
“Some chemical producers that had shut plants temporarily during the crisis were off-line when demand snapped back, and couldn't respond to the rapid rebound in orders.”
“The Guggenheim Museum just released its list of the twenty-five best videos on YouTube, selected from 23,000 entries, and now the celebrated objects off-line and on, of YouTube Play, a screening site on YouTube and at the Museum.”
“The Guggenheim Museum just released its list of the twenty-five best videos on YouTube, selected from 23,000 entries, and now the celebrated objects off-line and ...”
“While effectively bringing the masses off-line and into the streets, they fall short in offering long-term solutions and champions who will continue to promote sustainable change and ongoing civic engagement.”
“He has a weekly column on the BBC WebWise site, and contributes both on and off-line to The Guardian, The Register and The New Statesman, among others.”
“In Lusby, Md., Constellation Energy Nuclear Group said one of two nuclear reactors at Calvert Cliffs went off-line automatically because of winds from Hurricane Irene.”
“The four patents cover topics such as monitoring remaining memory, updating contact lists and synchronizing on- and off-line use.”
“WindowSeat" works off-line, so you can avoid being tackled by a flight attendant.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘off-line’.
Verbing nouns and nounifying verbs from 9 to 5.
Looking for tweets for off-line.