from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of offline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not connected; -- of computers or computer peripherals normally connected or intended to be connected to other computers by a communications line.
- adj. Outside of or after a meeting or formal discussion; ; -- a term used at meetings and conferences to suggest postponing detailed discussion of a topic so as not to occupy the time of a large group most of whom may not be interested.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not on a regular route of a transportation system
- adj. not connected to a computer network
Sorry, no etymologies found.
However, she did make it clear that not all boundaries would be dissolved, and that without vigilance, there was the possibility of reproducing the same off-line hierarchies.
Another is to minimize electricity use given the decline in available power generation due to the Daiichi facility going off-line as well as the recent suspension of operation of the nuclear plant at Hamaoka.
Some chemical producers that had shut plants temporarily during the crisis were off-line when demand snapped back, and couldn't respond to the rapid rebound in orders.
The Guggenheim Museum just released its list of the twenty-five best videos on YouTube, selected from 23,000 entries, and now the celebrated objects off-line and on, of YouTube Play, a screening site on YouTube and at the Museum.
The Guggenheim Museum just released its list of the twenty-five best videos on YouTube, selected from 23,000 entries, and now the celebrated objects off-line and ...
While effectively bringing the masses off-line and into the streets, they fall short in offering long-term solutions and champions who will continue to promote sustainable change and ongoing civic engagement.
He has a weekly column on the BBC WebWise site, and contributes both on and off-line to The Guardian, The Register and The New Statesman, among others.
In Lusby, Md., Constellation Energy Nuclear Group said one of two nuclear reactors at Calvert Cliffs went off-line automatically because of winds from Hurricane Irene.
The four patents cover topics such as monitoring remaining memory, updating contact lists and synchronizing on- and off-line use.
"WindowSeat" works off-line, so you can avoid being tackled by a flight attendant.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.