from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Often. Often used in combination: his oft-expressed philosophy; oft-repeated tales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. often; frequently; not rarely; many times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Often; frequently; not rarely; many times.
- adj. Frequent; often; repeated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Many times; many a time; frequently; often.
- Frequent; repeated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. many times at short intervals
Middle English, from Old English; see upo in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)