from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any region of space beyond limits determined with reference to the boundaries of a celestial body or system, especially:
- n. The region of space immediately beyond Earth's atmosphere.
- n. Interplanetary or interstellar space.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Region outside explored space.
- n. Any region of space beyond limits determined with reference to boundaries of a celestial system or body, especially the region of space immediately beyond Earth's atmosphere
- n. A bluish shade of black
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any location outside the Earth's atmosphere
From outer + space. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.