from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To exert (oneself) too much; overtax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exert (oneself) to an excessive degree
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exert too much.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exert or exercise too much; exert (oneself) to excess: usually reflexive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. exert (oneself) excessively and go beyond one's strength
Sorry, no etymologies found.