from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To subject to an excessive burden or strain.
- transitive v. To tax in excess of what is considered appropriate or just.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To tax to an excessive degree
- v. To overburden
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To tax or to task too heavily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tax too heavily or oppressively; hence, to exact too much from in any way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. tax excessively
Sorry, no etymologies found.