American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Trite, insipid, or simplistic writing, speech, or conceptualization: "We have to settle for the pablum that passes for the inside dope” ( Julie Salamon).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Trademark A form of cereal for infants.
- n. A diet that does not require chewing.
- n. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
- n. worthless or oversimplified ideas
- n. a soft form of cereal for infants
- From Latin pābulum ("nourishment"). (Wiktionary)
- From Pablum. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“That he has persisted, and done a masterful job of using their attempts to silence him or manipulate his information into pablum is to his credit.”
“How long have we been getting pablum from the “Eyewitless News” teams, both national and local?”
“The most compelling lure of NDS pablum is that it's … pablum.”
“It's coming from already-certified researchers out there working every day in the fields discovering that the pablum is garbage.”
“Moreover it is that consuming hatred, that ability to have any crap shoveled down your throat and you gulp it like pablum, that is dividing this country.”
“hdhouse saidMoreover it is that consuming hatred, that ability to have any crap shoveled down your throat and you gulp it like pablum, that is dividing this country.”
“Exactly the kind of pablum that drhunt can process.”
“While I applaud the Democrats for their efforts to create a healthcare reform bill that can gain bi-partisan support, I don't think its necessary to always support "pablum" legislation for fear there MIGHT be a filibuster.”
“We can do our own deductive reasoning and do not need Fake the News to spoon feed our daily "pablum" as easy to remember sound bites.”
“Likewise, I could have told you that those careerists in D.C. who make their livelihood off this kind of pablum would publish a "strategy memo" in something self-importantly called "The Democratic Strategist".”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pablum’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
words meaning bad or not real data
Words I like mostly because of the way they sound and feel.
Concise words to sprinkle in my prose.
all of these are from 7 English
dictionaries and Macquarie dictionary
I havent listed capitalized ones yet
but Viagra would be one and common
words like sterling a sub-machi...
Looking for tweets for pablum.