from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the properties or appearance of a papilla (nipple)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling, a papilla or papillæ; bearing, or covered with, papillæ; papillose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a papilla; papilliform; of or pertaining to papillæ.
- In entomology, rounded at the tip, and often somewhat constricted near the base: applied to thick processes.
- Provided with papillæ; papillate; consisting of papillæ; papillose: as, the papillary layer of the skin; the papillary surface of the tongue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or resembling papilla
Sorry, no etymologies found.
After having removed Mrs. Kirchner's thyroid gland Wednesday to eliminate a cancer called papillary carcinoma, her doctors revealed on Saturday that she didn't have the disease after all.
McDonald's lab group is now conducting a larger trial with 500 patients to test for other types of ovarian cancer, beyond the so-called papillary serous ovarian carcinoma, which was tested in this trial.
New findings shows that a non-clear cell form of kidney cancer known as papillary RCC, which accounts for 12 percent of all RCC, responds differently to sunitinib - a standard frontline treatment for RCC.
The doctor had me come in to explain it was a benign papillary lesion.
The problem is when they removed my lump, they thought it was a papillary lesion so they didn't remove the recommended margin.
Ms. Kirchner underwent a 3½-hour operation Wednesday morning to remove a papillary thyroid carcinoma that was discovered during a routine medical examination in December.
AstraZeneca is also conducting another trial in a more common form of papillary thyroid cancer.
I found out I had the papillary form of cancer and that it was treatable.
Peels can go down to the papillary dermis, which is the top part of the dermis.
Are you sure you didn't mean papillary -- as in like a pimple or pustule?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.