from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the properties or appearance of a papilla (nipple)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling, a papilla or papillæ; bearing, or covered with, papillæ; papillose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a papilla; papilliform; of or pertaining to papillæ.
- In entomology, rounded at the tip, and often somewhat constricted near the base: applied to thick processes.
- Provided with papillæ; papillate; consisting of papillæ; papillose: as, the papillary layer of the skin; the papillary surface of the tongue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or resembling papilla
Sorry, no etymologies found.