from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or filled with passion.
- n. A book of the sufferings of saints and martyrs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a book describing sufferings of martyrs
- adj. characterized by passion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to passion or the passions; exciting, influenced by, or ministering to, the passions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to passion or the passions; influenced by passion; passionate.
- n. Same as passionary.
- n. A manuscript of the four Gospels, upon which the kings of England, from Henry I. to Edward VI., took the coronation oath.
Sorry, no etymologies found.