from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Overparticular about trivial details; fastidious.
- adj. Snobbish; pretentious.
- adj. Requiring strict attention to detail; demanding: a persnickety job.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fastidious or fussy.
- adj. Obsessive about mundane details, demanding for precision.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Finicky or fussy; demanding attention to petty details; -- of people.
- adj. snobbish; behaving aloofly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by excessive precision and attention to trivial details
- adj. (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant
Alteration of pernickety.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Alteration of pernickety (Wiktionary)