from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus or model representing the solar system.
- n. An optical device for projecting images of celestial bodies and other astronomical phenomena onto the inner surface of a hemispherical dome.
- n. A building or room containing a planetarium, with seats for an audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A display museum in which images of stars and other astronomical phenomena are projected onto a domed ceiling.
- n. An orrery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An orrery. See orrery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An astronomical machine which, by the movement of its parts, represents the motions and orbits of the planets. See orrery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an apparatus or model for representing the solar systems
- n. an optical device for projecting images of celestial bodies and other astronomical phenomena onto the inner surface of a hemispherical dome
- n. a building housing an instrument for projecting the positions of the planets onto a domed ceiling
From New Latin, formed from planet + -arium. (Wiktionary)