from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A jail or prison.
- adj. Informal Variant of poky1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of small volume, cramped
- adj. slow
- adj. fast
- n. prison.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See poky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. small and remote and insignificant
- n. a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- adj. wasting time
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)