from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or occurring during the time following a glacial period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring after glaciation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed or occurring after the last glacial epoch of the Pleistocene period, or at a locality within the area of Pleistocene glaciation after the final disappearance of the glacier from the locality.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or designating, an epoch after the last Glacial and before the Terrace epoch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology See Post-tertiary.
- Of or pertaining to any portion of Pleistocene time subsequent to the final recession of the continental ice-sheet.
- n. A sediment deposited under conditions consequent upon the retreat of a continental glacier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or occurring during the time following a glacial period
Sorry, no etymologies found.