from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A withdrawal, especially of troops.
- n. Change from a dive to level flight. Used of an aircraft.
- n. An object designed to be pulled out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A withdrawal, especially of armed forces
- n. The change of the flight of an aircraft from a dive to level flight
- n. An object, such as a newspaper supplement that can be pulled out from something else
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. to break off a military action with an enemy
Sorry, no etymologies found.