American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Nonsense; tomfoolery.
- n. A hoax.
- n. A gentle satirical imitation; a light parody.
- v. To deceive.
- v. To do a spoof of; satirize gently.
- n. A hoax.
- n. A light parody.
- n. Nonsense.
- n. UK A drinking game in which players hold up to three (or another specified number of) coins hidden in a fist and attempt to guess the total number of coins held.
- adj. Fake.
- v. transitive To gently satirize.
- v. transitive To deceive.
- v. transitive, computing To falsify.
- n. Australia, New Zealand, slang Semen.
- v. Australia, New Zealand, slang To ejaculate, to come.
- v. make a parody of
- n. a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- Unknown (Wiktionary)
- After Spoof, name of a game invented by Arthur Roberts (1852-1933), British comedian. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Fri 10/02/09 3: 42 PM the hillywood show spoof is pretty good”
“- The Telegraph (UK) You convince yourself, for a while, that a clever post-modern spoof is under way.”
“An homage or even a spoof is one thing, but using character designs or layouts without credit go way beyond that.”
“He posted the link to this spoof from the recently released trailer for “Eclipse”.”
“The twilight spoof is from a group of youg peeps they are called Evillguana production, the guy playing ed has a blue shirt on in the picture.”
“I think the eviliguanaproduction spoof is the best, but this one was graceful and funny”
“The spoof is part of their Mort Mort Feingold Accountant to the Stars skit.”
“The current spoof films center more around fart jokes and modern references to pop culture and with each lame ass spoof, is another nail in the coffin.”
“Have we gotten to the point where lame jokes in spoof movies are acceptable because the only other choice is intelligence-insulting jokes in parody movies?”
“Enjoy this 4 minute spoof from the makers of American Drug War.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spoof’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
you know that thing where the Eskimos have 50 words for snow?
Commonly used words with multiple meanings, the others being obscure or rarely used. Good to know for that dang analogy exam.
Words that are fun to say....
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Words that have funny meanings or are just fun to say.
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for spoof.