from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rigid airship having a long cylindrical body supported by internal gas cells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of large German dirigible airship of the early 20th century designed to carry passengers or bombs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dirigible balloon of the rigid type, consisting of a cylindrical trussed and covered frame supported by internal gas cells, and provided with means of propulsion and control. It was first successfully used by Ferdinand Count von Zeppelin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large rigid dirigible designed to carry passengers or bombs
- n. German inventor who designed and built the first rigid motorized dirigible (1838-1917)
After Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named after Ferdinand, Count von Zeppelin. (Wiktionary)