from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A self-propelled lighter-than-air craft with directional control surfaces. Also called dirigible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lighter-than-air aircraft that can be propelled forward through the air as well as steered.
- n. Any aircraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a steerable self-propelled light-than-air aircraft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A buoyant balloon provided with a motor, propellers, and rudders, so that it can navigate the air under the control of an aëronaut; a dirigible balloon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. transport (cargo) by air
- n. a steerable self-propelled aircraft
Sorry, no etymologies found.