from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expansible bag for holding gas.
- n. Slang One given to empty or boastful talk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bag or bladder to hold a reservoir of gas, as in a hot-air balloon.
- n. Metaphorically, a person who is overly garrulous or prone to making empty, unsupportable statements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
- n. the bag containing the gas in a balloon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bag for holding gas, as for the use of dentists or for a limelight.
- n. A cylindrical bag of some gas-tight material fitted with a tube and valve so that it can be filled with air from an air-pump.
- n. A boastful, loquacious person; a conceited gabbler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a boring person who talks a great deal about uninteresting topics
- n. the bag containing the gas in a balloon
From gas + bag. (Wiktionary)