from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A container for holding or carrying miscellaneous items, especially a traveling case or bag.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large bag for carrying things whilst travelling.
- n. A book or similar printed work containing a wide variety of information. Compare to omnibus, encyclopedia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a capacious bag or basket.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A portable bag or case used in traveling, etc., for holding miscellaneous articles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a capacious bag or basket
From hold + all (Wiktionary)