from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mesh for holding the hair in place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A net designed to keep hair up and out of the way. (used, e.g., while cooking)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small net that some women wear over their hair to keep it in place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A net worn by women to confine the hair. Compare caul, 1 , crespine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small net that some women wear over their hair to keep it in place
hair + net (Wiktionary)