from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to a recognized strain established by breeding individuals of unmixed lineage over many generations.
- n. A purebred animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that (usually an animal) which has genuine parents of the same breed
- n. an animal which is of pure breed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bred for many generations from member of a recognized breed or strain
- n. a pedigreed animal of unmixed lineage; used especially of horses
Sorry, no etymologies found.