American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To separate the head from; decapitate.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cut off the head of; kill or execute by decapitation.
- Figuratively, to deprive of the head, top, or foremost part of: as, to behead a statue or a word.
- To tap (a stream) and divert its upper waters through new channels: said of the encroachment of one stream upon another in such a way as to ‘capture’ its head and upper tributaries.
- v. transitive To remove the head.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To sever the head from; to take off the head of.
- v. cut the head of
- From Middle English beheden, bihefden, biheveden, from Old English behēafdian ("to behead"), equivalent to be- (“off, away”) + head. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English biheden, from Old English behēafdian : be-, away from; see be- + hēafod, head; see head. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Sonnenberg and I got Ed Ney talking about recent threats to "behead" the Canadian PM.”
“We made the list and we didn't "behead" anyone!!!!!!”
“He said that since 2004 Spanish prosecutors have created a formal strategy to "behead" the Russian mafia in Spain.”
“Start your announcement using the word "behead" (see below for a solution one of our FutureNow guys came up with).”
“Swat Taliban paying mercenaries 'blood money' to "behead" policemen ISLAMABAD - The Swat Taliban has engaged a band of private armed terrorists and is paying them handsome amounts to target security officials in Mingora and other adjacent areas.”
“They will only tell us to lynch black men who want to marry white women for their "miscegenation," behead rape victims for their "adultery," stone those who utter a certain string of phonemes for their "blasphemy," burn at the stake men who have sex with other men for their "sodomy".”
“They dang sure wouln't with you after they behead you and drag you dead body through the streets spitting and throwing stones at it.”
“Think of Aasiya's hurt and pain in years of marriage and the final 30 or 40 seconds trying desperately to fend off his two knives with her hands and possibly being conscious as he began to behead her," Curtin Gable said during a closing statement that had some jurors dabbing tears from their eyes.”
“Yeah, I named him Seymour, and then proceeded to behead him (the flowering stem is inedible, and saps the nutrients from the rest of the plant ... it had to be done!) and kidnap some of the "offspring" (read: stalks) to make these muffins!”
“A court in Saudi Arabia will uphold a ruling to behead and publicly crucify a 22-year-old man who raped five children and left one of them to die in the desert ....”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘behead’.
Words that have violent connotations.
Tubey or not tubey.
Be- verbs (or verbals).
Words bewet through becalm were gratefully cribbed from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be-
Looking for tweets for behead.