from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mystic who follows quietism.
- n. Someone who is not socially or politically active.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a sect of mystics originated in the seventeenth century by Molinos, a Spanish priest living in Rome. See quietism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who believes in or practises quietism: applied especially [capitalized] to a body of mystics (followers of Molinos, a Spanish priest) in the latter part of the seventeenth century.
- n. One who seeks or enjoys quietness; one who advocates a policy of quietness or inactivity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a religious mystic who follows quietism
From quiet + -ist, after Italian quietista. (Wiktionary)