from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of five offspring born in a single birth.
- n. A group or combination of five associated by common properties or behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a group of five babies born from the same mother during the same birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A collection or combination of five of a kind.
- n. Five children born in the same labor.
- n. A group of five connected notes; a turn of five notes.
- n. A cycle having five crank shafts and adapted for five riders, all of whom can assist in the propulsion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A set of five, as of car-springs, etc.
- n. plural Five children born at a birth.
- n. In music, a group of five notes to be performed in the time of three, four, or six. Also quintole. Compare nonuplet, triplet, etc.
- n. A bicycle for five riders; a quintet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a set of five similar things considered as a unit
- n. one of five children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of four and one
From quintuple (modeled on triplet).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle French quintuple. (Wiktionary)