from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A raspberry sound; a Bronx cheer.
- transitive v. To deride, heckle, or tease. See Synonyms at banter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A version of seven card stud where the worst poker hand wins (called lowball).
- v. Tease playfully; heckle.
- v. Heckle by blowing a raspberry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- v. harass with persistent criticism or carping
Shortening and alteration of raspberry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From an alteration of raspberry. (Wiktionary)