American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A raspberry sound; a Bronx cheer.
- v. To deride, heckle, or tease. See Synonyms at banter.
- n. poker A version of seven card stud where the worst poker hand wins (called lowball).
- v. informal Tease playfully; heckle.
- v. informal Heckle by blowing a raspberry.
- n. a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- v. harass with persistent criticism or carping
- From an alteration of raspberry. (Wiktionary)
- Shortening and alteration of raspberry. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I was just having fun the best way I knew how even if it meant being called a razz babe,lol!”
“If one of us has an area of distress our fellow workers "razz" that person, allowing a lot of laughter to bubble off the distress.”
“But I can’t expect that kind of razz-a-ma-tazz from our modern-day deity.”
“Sunburned, butt-slapping white men came out from the lake for salty corn chips and margaritas and to razz the fatso wives who were mostly reading fashion magazines.”
“I've called the set of all these functions or powers of the brain the "teleome" a name that emphasizes the unabashed teleology that's required to truly make sense of the brain, and is simultaneously designed to razz the "-ome" buzzwords like 'genome' and 'connectome'.”
“January 5, 2009 6: 40 PM waffy, you are a razz girl.chei. and then she will be insulting me that i eat at bukas ...”
“This was the first TV episode from the writer, Margaret Dunlap, so they assembled Javier and three other writers to razz her about it and talk about the many Doctor Who references.”
“I use a compound bow and my grandpa use to razz me about it saying that, that wasn't true hunting, so I guess to each his own, but you won't find me or my kids in fence.”
“Mr. Bosley had season tickets at Dodger Stadium, where manager Tommy Lasorda was known to razz him for staying loyal to the Cubs.”
“One is emotional: Men often razz each other for bad shots, while women usually reassure each other.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘razz’.
Swingin' and boppin' slang-a-lang.
Words that mean joke
Fuzzy! Fizzy! And lots of pizzazz!
Looking for tweets for razz.