from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To tease (someone) good-humoredly.
- intransitive v. To make or exchange good-humored jokes; banter. See Synonyms at banter.
- n. A teasing or joking remark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Good natured banter
- v. To tease someone in a kindly fashion
- v. To make or exchange good-natured jokes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chaff; make fun of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be silly or tease one another
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)