American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To put or pass through a cycle again, as for further treatment.
- v. To start a different cycle in.
- v. To extract useful materials from (garbage or waste).
- v. To extract and reuse (useful substances found in waste).
- v. To use again, especially to reprocess: recycle aluminum cans; recycle old jokes.
- v. To recondition and adapt to a new use or function: recycling old warehouses as condominiums.
- v. transitive To break down and reuse component materials.
- v. transitive To reuse as a whole.
- v. transitive To collect or place in a bin for recycling.
- v. intransitive, ergative To be recycled.
- v. cause to repeat a cycle
- v. use again after processing
- From re- + cycle. (Wiktionary)
“Another way to recycle is to look around your home.”
“Supremacy Member taking the word recycle to a whole new level~”
“Today's game is called "recycle" - two teams take turns throwing balls at gym mats propped up vertically on either side of the gym into makeshift baskets.”
“A material that is difficult to recycle, that is not biodegradable or compostable but that goes straight to landfills to continue polluting for thousands of years.”
“If we can't get these people to even recycle, which is so easy here, we all have a huge bin that you don't even have to sort, then we are really screwed.”
“Password recycle fail leaves consumers ripe for harvesting”
“The cool thing in this tweet -- I really don't know the context of the conversation -- it the use of a new code, namely the recycle symbol ( '♺'), for retweeting.”
“It is extremely difficult to recycle, which is why so little of it is recaptured.”
“The best way to get people to recycle is to make them feel like they are a part of something important.”
“The so-called recycle program in NYC which to my eyes, doesn't exist.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘recycle’.
Words for restarting a computer
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
recycling words for ma citz crs wrk
This is a collection of words I love, old ones that I love the sound of when I repeat them for years and new ones coined in news articles on up and coming trends and technologies - most of them I k...
names of software that i use and like.
Looking for tweets for recycle.