from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An animal or animals killed by being struck by a motor vehicle.
- n. Slang One that has failed or been defeated and is no longer worthy of consideration: "Many radio rightists betray a truculent nostalgia for the old foes who became their roadkill” ( Richard Corliss).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the killing of an animal by a road vehicle
- n. the animal(s) so killed
- n. a helpless victim
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The body of an animal killed by a vehicle on a road. Also used metaphorically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the dead body of an animal that has been killed on a road by a vehicle
A road + kill (Wiktionary)