American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Variant of rondel.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something round.
- n. In metallurgy, one of successive crusts which form upon the surface of molten metal while cooling, and which as they form are removed for further treatment. In copper-working these disks are also called
rose-copperand rosettes. Suboxid of copper contained in them is removed by further refining.
- n. Milit.: A small shield (15 inches in length) formerly used by pikemen and archers.
- n. One of the iron disks, each having an opening in the center for the passage of a bolt, placed between the cheeks and stock of a field-gun carriage in bolting these parts together.
- n. A semicircular bastion introduced by Albert Dū rer. It was about 300 feet in diameter, and contained spacious casemates.
- n. A disk of colored glass, used as a decoration in stained-glass windows. Compare bull's-eye, 8.
“We're moving way beyond the open-toe sandal," said Jack Rogers' new creative director Lauren duPont, who added that she owns upward of 50 pairs of the iconic shoe, known for its whipstitch punches and signature rondelle.”
“The two larger hoops are connected by a Byzantine link, an azurite-malachite rondelle suspended in the center of the lower hoop.”
“She reached toward a small plate with a rondelle of butter.”
“This hand crafted flexwire rosary bracelet is made from Swarovski crystal rondelle beads with an aurora boreales finish and 4mm Light Colorado Topaz Swarovski crystal bi-cone beads.”
“Risotto of roast plum tomato with mushroom a la greque rondelle and parmesan wafers”
“The initial releases have landed on the island this month: 10 styles of flat and wedge "Jack Rogers Couture" sandals in various tones of lizard, python and shagreen - sharkskin used as a decorative material - priced from $198 to $248, available exclusively at Neiman Marcus, 151 Worth Ave; and men's silk neckties featuring the Navajo's rondelle pattern,”
“Lc papillon jaiune ct fombre a queue d'hi*. rondelle « « - 34”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rondelle’.
Words to remember from DFW's "Infinite Jest"
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Looking for tweets for rondelle.