from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Brazilian ballroom dance of African origin.
- n. Music in duple meter for performing this dance.
- intransitive v. To perform this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Brazilian ballroom dance.
- v. To dance the samba.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance the samba
- n. large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds; yields soft white to pale yellow wood
- n. music composed for dancing the samba
- n. a lively ballroom dance from Brazil
- n. a form of canasta using three decks of cards and six jokers
Portuguese, possibly of African origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)