from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electronic device that scrambles telecommunication signals to make them unintelligible to anyone without a special receiver.
- n. A motorcycle with thick ridged tires and strong suspension, designed for riding and racing across rough terrain.
- n. Football A quarterback who frequently scrambles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of scramble; someone or something that scrambles.
- n. A device that makes messages intentionally, but reversibly, unintelligible for reasons of privacy or security.
- n. A motorcycle used for motocross.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who scrambles; one who climbs on all fours.
- n. A greedy and unceremonious contestant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who scrambles.
- n. In phytogeography, a liana which supports itself by resting its long, straggling branches upon other plants, sometimes, as in roses and brambles, with incidental assistance from prickles and thorns. The liana character is usually less developed in this class than in any other, but in this regard the palm lianas of the tropics are an exception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electronic equipment that makes speech unintelligible during transmission and restores it at reception
- n. a lightweight motorcycle equipped with rugged tires and suspension; an off-road motorcycle designed for riding cross country or over unpaved ground
- n. a rapid mover; someone who scrambles
Sorry, no etymologies found.