from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The outer protective covering of a seed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The protective outer cover of a seed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the covering of a seed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, the covering of a seed, usually the testa, or exterior coat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.