from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having achieved an elementary level of ability in reading and writing.
- adj. Having limited knowledge or understanding, especially of a technical subject.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not entirely literate; having a limited grasp of the written language
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to read but not to write
- adj. barely able to read and write
- adj. literate but poorly informed
semi- + literate (Wiktionary)