from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knife that has a fixed blade and fits into a sheath.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knife with a fixed blade that fits in a sheath to protect the knife and its owner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a knife with a fixed blade, carried in a sheath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A knife worn in a sheath attached to the waist-belt, as by merchant seamen and by riggers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a knife with a fixed blade that is carried in a sheath
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.